Are you self-represented? Are you bringing or responding to an appeal to the Ontario Court of Appeal, Divisional Court, Federal Court, or Federal Court of Appeal?
For assistance, please fill out the application form below. If you can’t apply online, please email [email protected] or call 613-231-6111 extension 610.
Please note the following:
- If you are an appellant (bringing the appeal), you must have filed your Notice of Appeal prior to applying.
- For eligible clients, our first step is to try to find a lawyer who will determine whether your appeal has a reasonable chance of success.
- If we find a lawyer to do this, that lawyer will make best efforts to complete their analysis within 4 weeks.
- You will not enter into a lawyer/client relationship with that lawyer.
- If that lawyer concludes that your appeal does have a reasonable chance of success, we will try to provide pro bono help with your appeal. If the lawyer does not see a reasonable chance of success, we will provide an explanation and close your file.
- We’re sorry, but we can’t assist with your appeal materials while your application processes. You are encouraged to visit the relevant court’s website for resources for self-represented litigants.
By using the services or facilities at Pro Bono Ontario, you agree to our terms and conditions of service (www.probonoontario.org/terms/). Ask a staff member if you would like a printed copy.