Are you facing a problem as a consumer of goods or services?
PBO’s Free Legal Advice Hotline can help you with Ontario consumer protection and debt issues
Call our Free Legal Advice Hotline! Available Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 1 PM to 4:00 PM.
Consumers have many important legal rights that protect them. Consumer rights issues can range from service contracts to products that may affect health and safety. Here are some examples of common consumer questions we receive on the Hotline:
- I bought a product that’s defective
- A door-to-door sales company is charging me for equipment I didn’t want or need
- I bought something based on misrepresentations or exaggerations and want a refund
- I was charged more than I expected for a car repair
- Is there a cooling off period for my purchase?
- I’m in a dispute with a contractor over home renovations
- I found a lien on my house and need help getting it removed
- I want to cancel my mobile phone contract
- I want to cancel a gym membership
- I’m receiving calls from collection agencies and don’t know what to do
- I can’t pay my debts and want information on my options