Do you need help with an Ontario legal dispute?
PBO’s Free Legal Advice Hotline can help with questions about going to court
Call our Free Legal Advice Hotline! Available Monday to Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Self-represented parties often need help navigating the court system, whether in Small Claims Court, Superior Court, or at higher levels. Here are some examples of common questions we receive on the Hotline about civil litigation cases:
- I want to sue someone and need advice on the process
- I have been served with court papers and don’t know how to respond
- I need help with a step in an ongoing legal proceeding
- I’m not sure how to complete or serve court documents
- What is an affidavit of service and how to I prepare one?
- I’ve written a draft of a statement of claim or statement of defence and would like someone to review it
- What evidence do I need for my case and how do I present it to the court?
- The other side has asked me to sign a settlement agreement and I want to be sure it’s fair
- My court case was dismissed without my knowledge
- I’ve just learned that a court order was made against me without my knowledge
- A judge made a decision on my case that I disagree with
- I won my case, but the other side won’t pay. What can I do to enforce the order?
Please note: lawyers on the hotline provide brief services. They do not create an ongoing lawyer-client relationship with you. For our full Terms and Conditions, click here.