Are you self-represented?
Are you bringing or responding to an application for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada?
For assistance, please fill out the application form below. If you can’t apply online, please email [email protected] or call 613-231-6111 extension 610.
If you are bringing an application for leave to appeal, please note the following:
- For eligible clients, our first step is to try to find a lawyer who will determine whether your proposed application for leave to appeal has a reasonable chance of success.
- If we find a lawyer to do this, that lawyer will make best efforts to complete their analysis within 4 weeks.
- You will not enter into a lawyer/client relationship with that lawyer.
- If that lawyer concludes that your application does have a reasonable chance of success, we will try to provide pro bono help with your application (and with the appeal, if you obtain leave). If the lawyer does not see a reasonable chance of success, we will provide an explanation and close your file.
- We’re sorry, but we can’t assist with your application materials in the meantime. You are encouraged to visit the Supreme Court’s website and review the resources for self-represented litigants.
Thank you for your interest in our Supreme Court Pro Bono program.