Are you facing a problem at work?
PBO’s Free Legal Advice Hotline can help non-unionized Ontario employees with job-related issues.
Call our Free Legal Advice Hotline! Available Monday to Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
IMPORTANT: Have you been sexually harassed at work? We have a specialized hotline for you:
If you are a victim of workplace sexual harassment, please call our dedicated Workplace Sexual Harassment Hotline at 1-855-776-1855 to speak with a lawyer. The Workplace Sexual Harassment Hotline has been made possible thanks to special funding by the Department of Justice.
Si vous êtes ou avez été victime de harcèlement sexuel en milieu de travail, appelez notre ligne d’assistance téléphonique contre le harcèlement sexuel au travail, au 1 855 776-1855, pour parler avec un avocat. La ligne d’assistance téléphonique contre le harcèlement sexuel au travail bénéficie d’un financement spécial du ministère de la Justice.
Common Employment Issues
A job is an essential part of most people’s lives. People face many difficult issues at work. It is very important to know what your rights are and what you can do if you face a legal issue at work. Here are some examples of common employment questions we receive on the Hotline:
- I was dismissed from work and want to know my rights
- I was fired. Am I entitled to severance?
- My employer made changes to my job that I’m unhappy with
- My employer says that I’m an independent contractor, but I disagree
- I am being investigated or disciplined at work
- I’m facing discrimination at work
- My employer is withholding my pay
- I’m concerned about the safety of my workplace